Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Kraye1.3 vs Nemo3, Scenario: SR 2017 - Breakdown

1. Lists

I played some Kraye before he was on CID it was powerful, but it didn't do enough to move me away from the Haley trifecta, however now that is on CID I wanted to try this:

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Heavy Metal


(Kraye 1) Captain Jeremiah Kraye (CID) [+28]
 - Cyclone [13]
 - Hammersmith [12]
 - Ironclad [12]
 - Ironclad [12]
 - Ironclad [12]
 - Ironclad [12]
 - Ironclad [12]
 - Squire [0(5)]
Archduke Alain Runewood, Lord of Fharin [0(4)]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [0(4)]
Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant (CID) [0(4)]
 - Charger [9]
 - Charger [9]

The idea behind the list is easy, all the Ironclads threaten 5 (SPD) +3 (charge) +3 (full tilt) +2 (feat) +1 (reach) = 14", they will charge for free in feat turn and they will always have boosted charge attacks. The boosted charge makes it easier to knockdown things, but just being able to give up the pow 14 so that you can reposition back without a free strike is also great.

However, the feat requires a range attack to hit first, so that is why the trencher junior is there, fire group makes the Chargers be able to tag something within 20".

The Hammersmith is slightly situational, it has a higher output than the Ironclad, 2 pow 17s vs 1 pow 18 and a pow 14, and being able to beat back, slam, and follow up, means that you can go at least 3 inches further, so technically you can come out and attack a warcaster that was felt safe 17" away from it: you charge for free on feat turn, you beat back twice, you slam at least 1 and follow up.

The Cyclone is another source source for feat shots, plus it is good at guerrilla tactics: walk 5", shoot 12", and go back 5". Is not the perfect warjack for the job, but fully loaded can unload at least 3 boosted pow 12s and 1 unboosted (with average dice).

My opponent is playing Nemo3, we decided to try the CID changes and have Laddermore with veteran leader:

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm Division

(Nemo 3) Artificer General Nemo [+25]
 - Firefly [8]
 - Hurricane [39]
 - Squire [0(5)]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
 - Charger [9]
Major Katherine Laddermore [8]
Stormblade Captain [0(5)]
Storm Lances (min) [12]
Storm Lances (max) [20]

My opponent makes a mistake and plays with two full unit of lances, but we do not catch that mistake and we play the game anyways.

2. Pre-game thoughts

  1. My list threatens a lot, but I need to get at least 3 Ironclads onto the Hurricane to kill it.
  2. Countermeasure will help my Ironclads survive charges.
  3. Lock the target is a dead spell, since it will never damage the Hurricane.

3. Rounds:

Turn 0:
I win the roll to go first and I take it, the table is not symmetrical so I see that one zone will be obstructed and if my opponent doesn't go for it I will be able to score easily.

Turn 1:

I trample all of my jacks forward and repo even more far up the field. Admonition goes up on an Ironclad in the middle of the board and Countermeasure goes on the Ironclad that is closer to the stormlances.

My opponent runs forward without triggering Admonition, he shoots my Ironclads with his Hurricane to knock them down. I smile, I just remembered that I have jumpstart.


Bottom of 1.



Turn 2:

I mistakenly think is feat turn, I measure 14 from two Ironclads and I can get them into the Hurricane, locking him out from the middle zone. However I get greedy and also allocate 1 to the Hammersmith, plus cast jumpstart, now I cannot cast Full Titlt so my feat is lost.

The Hammersmith kills a Firefly with no problem and forgets to reposition, the Cyclone is up to do some damage as to trigger the feat, but I also forget to reposition him.

The Chargers kill 3 storm lances and a charging ironclad fails to kill another one.


Top of 2. So many mistakes...

My opponent feats. Then, my opponent charges the Hammersmiththe hurricane, my mistake since it should have reposition too far from it to charge me. He kills the Hammersmith and cripples the Cyclone, he shouldn't have gotten either one.
 
Countermeasure keeps my other Ironclad safe, since he can only charge with 2 or 3 and doesn't get all the assault shots.

At the end of his turn, I score 2 points, one on the zone with Runewood, one on the middle zone since the charge stopped outside of the zone.

Score is 2-0.

Turn 3:

I will be at 4 points at the end of my turn, I cast Full Tilt and charge 2 Ironclads onto the Hurricane, making it so he cannot walk the Hurricane onto the zone. I cripple one side.

I also see another angle here, I can run an Ironclad within charging distance (12") of Nemo, if my opponent doesn't move the Hurricane away from the center zone I will charge Nemo, tremor, and kill him. If he moves the Hurricane, he only has storm lances to contest the middle zone and I should be able to kill them.


Top of 3. I might still be able to save this one.

Score is 4-0.

Plan goes as designed, he moves the Hurricane away from the zone. The stormlances kill my Charges from the right zone and reposition onto the middle zone.

Score is 5-1.


Turn 4:

I only have to charge the two lances with Kraye, kill them (thanks to a pow 13 brutal damage) and reposition onto his zone so that I contest his zone and score on mine.


Score is 7 to 1, I am up by 6 and I win.

4. Post-game:

Kraye is good, the feat is better against non-colosal lists, things like Amon, where 1 focus or 2 focus per jack will cripple your opponent a lot, and allow you to get a second alpha.

No comments:

Post a Comment